Safety education and training is critical to the success of any construction organization. Due to the inherent safety challenges presented by most construction projects, the management of workplace safety and the prevention of losses is an active pursuit that must be supported by ongoing education and training. The AGC of Tennessee - Middle Tennessee Branch offers a comprehensive series of training courses throughout the year designed to support workplace safety efforts. Participation in these courses can improve safety, organizational productivity and reduce costs. Classes can be held in the AGC of TN, Middle TN Branch training facility or at a member company's office or jobsite. Minimum of 5 students per class, maximum of 40.
To learn more, please contact Safety Director, Thomas Reed at email@example.com
Safety Classes Offered
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- OSHA 30 Hour Training - Construction or General Industry
- Excavation Training
- OSHA 10 Hour - Construction or General Industry
- Record Keeping
- Flagger Training
- Drug Free Work Place - Workers
- Drug Free Work Place - Supervisors
- Fall Protection
- Forklift Operator
- Aerial Work Platforms - Operator
- Signaling for Cranes
- Confined Space
- GHS/Hazard Communication
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Respiratory Protection Training/Fit-Testing/3M Online Medical Evaluations
Jobsite Posters - Posters are $5.00 each and are available in Spanish and English.
For other products, visit our bookstore at: http://iweb.agc.org/iweb/Purchase/SearchCatalog.aspx
2017 Safety Stand Down
Pictured: 2017 Safety Stand Down Hard Hat Sticker Art
We have partnered with other construction trade associations across the state, Tennessee OSHA Outreach Training Centers, as well as TOSHA to have a statewide construction “Fall Protection Safety Stand Down” and other activities focused around this topic the week of June 12-18th 2017. As you are probably aware, fall construction accidents are one of OSHA’s Focus Four Hazards and the leading cause of fatalities and serious injuries in the construction industry.
Here’s how the program will work:
- Fill out the registration form and send it back to us so we can provide you with the following information electronically: Promo flyer and training information.
- You will need to make copies of the powerpoint training program to distribute to your supervisors/foreman that will be leading the training program. (Recommended - print the slides as handouts/2 slides per page.)
- On June 12th, you will “Stand Down” on all your jobsites to discuss the prevention of fall protection injuries utilizing the training information provided or another training program of choice.
- New in 2017! This year federal OSHA is promoting a Safe+Sound Week June 12-18, 2017. We are taking this opportunity to encourage you to expand your fall protection focus to the entire week and are providing the following suggestions:
Day 1 – Fall Protection Safety Stand Down
Day 2 – Thorough inspection of harnesses and other fall-related equipment in use and in storage
Day 3 – Share fall-related videos – email them out to employees or supervisors to play on their phones/tablets. (Some links will be provided upon registration.)
Day 4- Perform ladder inspections
Day 5 – Management should review written fall protection policies and procedures to ensure they are current and ensure the all employees have certified training on fall protection.
Other ideas might include: Holding a safety committee meeting during the week focused on ways to improve fall protection in your company, Owner or PM walk throughs of jobsites with a focus on fall protection, scheduling a fall protection demo on site by one of your vendors, providing giveaways to employees who identify, report and correct fall hazards during the week, sending out a video message from top management on the importance of fall protection or an interview with an employee who was injured by a fall, reviewing lessons learned from previous falls within your own organization, etc.
Go to https://www.osha.gov/safeandsoundweek/ for additional details and to download a certificate of participation and share your story!
We hope you will join us in what we feel will be an event that will truly impact the safety and health of the many hard working construction workers across this state.
2016 Safety Stand Down Slideshow
2016 AGC Safety Stand Down by Slidely Slideshow