EMPLOYER JOB POSTINGS
03/2016 Immediate Opening - Heavy Project Estimator
A Knoxville, Tennessee based company searching for a Heavy Highway Project Estimator to assist with an expanding market. Primary focus is guardrail, signs and fence installation. Please see responsibilities listed below:
- Primary responsibilities are estimating and bidding on jobs for TDOT and other private sectors
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Travel to jobsites to gather information on materials needed, labor required and other factors
- Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and contractors on estimates
- Consult with industry experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Use computer software to calculate estimates
- Evaluate a product’s cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Work with team to prepare estimate and bids for clients
- Develop project plans for duration of project
- Oversee invoicing to our customers
A bachelor’s degree is preferred; however a few highly experienced construction workers may qualify without a bachelor’s degree. 5 years estimating experience preferred.
Work Schedule –
Full Time Employment, some overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
Analytical Skills – Accurately evaluating detailed specifications.
Detail Oriented – Cost estimators must pay attention to small details because such details may have a large impact on a projects overall cost.
Technical Skills – Detailed knowledge of industry process, materials, and costs are vital to estimators. Should be able to use computer programs to calculate equations and handle large databases, Excel proficient
Time-Management Skills – Goal & Task oriented with fixed deadlines, must plan in advance and work efficiently and accurately.
Writing Skills – Must be able to write detailed reports.
Negotiable based on experience
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
03/2016 Opening - Abatement Estimator / Project Manager
E. Luke Greene Co., Inc. is searching for an Asbestos Abatement Estimator/ Project Manager for our Knoxville, TN location. If you are interested and qualified please submit a resume to email@example.com for evaluation. Listed below are the major responsibilities for the successful candidate.
- Estimator/Project Manager to bid work and to manger the work from beginning to end.
- Experience in job take-off—quantifying and pricing,
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Prepare any required work plans, applying for permits, filing EPA and OSHA required paperwork.
- Coordinate schedule with ELG personnel and the owner/contractor.
- Preparing project invoices.
- Preparing closeout paperwork.
- Travel will be required. Limited out of town overnight required.
- Benefits are competitive Salary, Health, Dental, and Life insurance, Paid Vacation, Simple IRA Plan, with vehicle furnished.
(E. Luke Greene Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Work Place-Pre-Employment drug screens are required. We are a federal contractor required to use the E-Verify system to establish eligibility to work in the US.)
RESUMES - Individuals Looking for A Job in the Construction Industry
If you are searching for a job in the construction industry, please e-mail us your resume and and a cover letter outlining your experience and qulaifications and the type of job you are seeking. We will post your resume on the site for a period of 90 days.